Completely Portioned Nutrition’s Turkey Taco Salad with Avocado Crema Turkey Taco Salad
- 3/4 pound ground 90% lean white meat turkey
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup canned small-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped crimson onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 6 cups chopped lettuce
- 2/3 cup shredded additional sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons halved black olives
- 2 tablespoons diced purple pepper
- 1 eco-friendly onion, sliced
- Multigrain tortilla chips, for serving
- Avocado Crema (see recipe)
- In a significant skillet more than medium-large heat, prepare dinner ground turkey with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Break up turkey as it cooks and continue on cooking until the meat is no more time pink, about 4 minutes. Include beans, jalapenos, 2 cups tomatoes, onion, cilantro, taco seasoning, cumin and garlic. Stir properly. Lower warmth to small, protect skillet and cook dinner for 20 minutes. Uncover skillet, add corn and style for seasoning. Simmer until eventually any liquid cuts down and corn is heated through, about 5 minutes. Eliminate from heat and cool slightly ahead of serving.
- When prepared to serve, prepare lettuce on serving platter, major with turkey mixture and garnish with remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes, cheddar, olives, red pepper and environmentally friendly onion. Provide with tortilla chips and Avocado Crema. Serves 4.
Per serving: Per serving: 347 calories (p.c of calories from fat, 44), 24 grams protein, 25 grams carbs, 8 grams fiber, 18 grams full unwanted fat (6 grams saturated), 80 milligrams cholesterol, 754 milligrams sodium.
- 1/4 pound avocados (about 1 medium Hass avocado)
- 1/4 cup diminished-fat bitter product
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 compact jalapeno, stem eradicated, seeded
- 1 little clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup drinking water
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In the jar of a blender or bowl of a foodstuff processor, blend avocado, sour cream, lime juice, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro. Mix right until clean, then incorporate drinking water. Take out from blender and year to style. Refrigerate in a lined container until eventually completely ready to use. Serves 4.
Per serving: Per serving: 78 energy (percent of energy from excess fat, 70), 2 grams protein, 4 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 6 grams overall body fat (2 grams saturated), no cholesterol, 41 milligrams sodium.
From the menu of … Correctly Portioned Nourishment, 860 Johnson Ferry Highway, Atlanta. 209-730-3429, perfectlyportionednutrition.com.
Is there a recipe from a metro Atlanta cafe you’d like to make at house? Explain to us and we’ll check out to get it. We’ll also take a look at it and adapt it for the house kitchen area. Mainly because of quantity, we just cannot response all inquiries. Ship your request, your tackle and phone variety to [email protected] and put “From the menu of” and the title of the cafe in the issue line.
Study additional stories like this by liking Atlanta Cafe Scene on Facebook, subsequent @ATLDiningNews on Twitter and @ajcdining on Instagram.