If you had a barbecue party the day before and have plenty of leftover food, don’t throw them out – you can use them to create new delicious dishes. A lot of people would agree that beef brisket is better on day 2! If you have no idea how to repurpose your leftover beef dish, here are some tasty leftover beef brisket recipes that you should try now!
Leftover Brisket Smoked Chili
What you need:
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- Olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup brisket
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teapsoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a cast iron dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Stir in crushed tomatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, Worcestershire sauce and brisket. Stir to combine ingredients well.
Cover the dutch oven and place on a pre-heated smoker (250-275degrees) for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and stir the chili. Continue smoking for 2 more hours, uncovered, stirring every 30 minutes.
Spicy Beef Brisket Quesadillas
What you need:
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded leftover beef brisket
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 pcs. 8-inch flour tortillas
In a large pan over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook the bell pepper and onion until slightly tender.
Add the chipotle peppers, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the beef and stir well to combine with other ingredients.Remove from pan and transfer to a bowl.
Prepare quesadillas – for each one, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on a tortilla, followed by 1/4 cup of brisket mixture then another 1/4 cup of cheese. Top with a second tortilla.
Wipe pan clean and melt remaining butter.Cook each quesadilla until cheese has melted and tortillas are golden brown on both sides.
Don’t let your beef go to waste – try these leftover brisket recipes!