Banana Nutella Muffins might just be the BEST treat you ever make! Soft, sweet, and moist muffins are made with real bananas, and topped with a scrumptious Nutella swirl. These are baked to perfection in just 15 minutes for an easy breakfast!
Nutella and Banana Muffins
There’s something about the flavor combination of Nutella and bananas that always makes me smile! Especially when that flavor combo comes together in a perfectly-baked, soft, moist, and rich homemade muffin. The way that these muffins feature real banana flavor with a swirl of Nutella baked on top is absolutely dreamy!
This easy Banana Nutella muffin recipe is just that – oh so easy. After you make the batter (which should only take you about 15 minutes or less), you bake the muffins and voila! In just about half an hour, you’ll have a sweet breakfast that is rich with chocolatey hazelnut swirls, and a dense yet fluffy consistency.
Why You’ll Love this Moist Banana Muffins Recipe:
- FLUFFY: These muffins always bake up perfectly and have the most wonderfully fluffy consistency!
- SWIRLED: Adding a little swirl to the top of a muffin of is always a good idea. And it’s an even better idea if that little something is creamy Nutella.
- REAL BANANA: You’ll need a whole bunch of mashed bananas to give these muffins the best flavor and plenty of moisture.
Get ready to go bananas for these muffins! Leftovers make an easy grab-and-go breakfast on the way to school or work.
How to Make Banana Nutella Muffins
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the butter, bananas, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together.
- Then combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Microwave the Nutella.
- Fill the muffin tins and swirl the Nutella on top.
- Bake, then let cool.
I don’t recommend using unripe bananas. Ripe bananas are softer and much sweeter, yielding sweet and tender muffins. To quickly ripen bananas, pop them in the microwave. Poke unpeeled bananas all over with a fork, place them on a paper towel or plate, and microwave them on high for 30 seconds at a time, repeating until they reach the desired softness.
The more you play with swirling the batter, the more likely they will just combine. I find it easier to move the banana muffin batter into the Nutella dollops to create an even swirl.
Yes, this recipe will make 1 (9×5-inch) loaf of banana bread. Bake it for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
There’s no need to refrigerate banana muffins as long as they’re kept in an airtight container at room temperature. If your house is a bit hot, you can store the muffins wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
The best way to keep banana Nutella muffins moist is to keep them tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. Any exposure to air will dry out the muffins
Getting that first perfect bite of Nutella and Banana Muffin is always the best experience, whether it’s first thing in the morning or late at night!
Make Ahead Instructions
Banana Nutella muffins can be made up to 2 days in advance of when you plan to serve them. Store the banana muffins in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
Store leftover banana Nutella muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. Enjoy at room temperature or slightly warmed in the microwave.
Freeze banana Nutella muffins tightly wrapped in 2 layers of plastic wrap and 1 layer of aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
- For gluten-free banana Nutella muffins, use a gluten-free 1:1 baking flour in place of the all-purpose flour.
- If using salted butter, omit the kosher salt.
- You can use an equal amount of vegetable or coconut oil in place of the butter.
- Feel free to use light or dark brown sugar.
- You can omit the Nutella, or replace it with an equal amount of another butter, such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or Biscoff!
- Feel free to add mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruits.
- Top these banana muffins with peanut butter glaze!
Tips for the Best Banana Nutella Muffins
- Spoon and level the dry ingredients for the best results.
- Use very ripe bananas with many brown/black spots for the sweetest banana muffins. Underripe bananas will not mash well and will not taste as sweet.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the bananas. You can also process them in a food processor or blender.
- Don’t overmix the batter; otherwise, the banana muffins will be tough.
- Microwave the Nutella so that it is soft and spreads easily.
- Don’t add more Nutella than is called for, or it could cause your muffins to be too heavy and underbaked in the middle.
Sweet, soft, fluffy Banana Bread and Nutella Muffins are easy to make treats that everyone loves! Kids, grandparents, and everyone in between loves these moist muffins.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!